Business Development DirectorAre you a professional with a strong marketing and technical background who has a passion for solving complex issues for customers? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Rivet, a marketing, design and development studio in Kansas City’s River Market, is looking for a Business Development Director to help lead client relations and help build business opportunities.
The Business Development Director serves as a trusted consultant to our customers. They must be able to perform a variety of tasks associated with the on boarding and management of client marketing and technical endeavors. It is a leadership role that involves significant hands-on activities, often “doing” as well as “managing” duties across the new business, creative, technical and operations teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to gracefully handle staff and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for fully integrated marketing
- Leverage knowledge in marketing strategies, design principles and technical development to elevate our client’s work
- Work to continually optimize our service offerings through better processes, communications and relationships
- Help guide business development efforts from prospect to retained clients.
- Help educate and inspire staff and clients through thought leadership
- Creates and refines visual presentations to articulate concepts, project plans, status and appropriate technical details to clients, staff and vendors using applications such as, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Determine client needs and translates those into technology requirements, milestones and interim activities.
- Assemble, optimize and maintain project plans and associated communications for all technology-related customer implementations and similar projects.
- Advises customers, implementation leadership and technology team on project status and opportunities for improvement.
- Works independently and within a team on nonrecurring and ongoing project deadlines and deliverables
- 10+ years of marketing, advertising and/or technical development experience with proven expertise and references
- 5+ years of marketing/ad agency experience
- 5+ years management experience
We provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.Apply Now »